Saturday 2 February 2008

Warm weather cycling (-10C and above)

I'm on day 7 of feeling under the weather... I haven't been gripped by sore throat or pure discomfort which is nice, but I've been blowing my nose and feeling low on energy long enough.  Waking up each morning is like waking the dead, even if I get 10 or 11 hours of sleep.

Regardless, after a cup of coffee and a guitar hero session this morning I suited up to ride, the sun always gives me energy.

For the first 10 minutes, I'm always checking my front tire, it feels like it's going flat.  Last thing I want in the snow is to mess around fixing a flat.  But finally the lightbulb goes off.  When it's only -10C, my front shock doesn't freeze solid like when it's -28C.  It's not the tire going flat, it's a suspension fork doing it's job.

Warm weather riding is so luxurious!

ps.  Gerry was out tearing up the paths on a brand new looking Surly 1x1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment