Sunday 10 February 2008

Less Cold, More Riding

Today's high was supposed to be -3C, but I don't think it ever got close.  I talked to Devin a few times this morning, and we agreed to brave the weather at 2pm.  The trend as per wx.ca showed a steeply sloping uptrend to the right, and if I extrapolated the trend (like anyone should do with an uptrend to the right, especially when hoping for terrific stock performances), it looked reasonable at 2.

We did about 2 hours, with a good mix of hills thrown in.  My legs were sore from yesterday, but most weren't the cycling muscles, except for my sore glutes.  Devin and hill climbing is always a challenging combination for me.  Given the weather, we had an enjoyable and productive 2.5 hour ride.  It's hard to eat when it's cold, and I didn't eat enough.  I did love my new micro camel back under my jacket, much better than a leaky wineskin that would ice up my jacket and midsection.

We stopped by Tim's after - Devin cut his handlebars down and I picked up a long sleeved deadgoat jersey.  Unfortunately standing around for 35 minutes gave me the chills, and the Edworthy hill descent was enough to make me a popsicle.  Warmed up on the climb home and pounded some food back to set back a bonk.

Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...interesting analogy to the stock market. By extension, I guess that makes me a weather bear. And, maybe, that makes you the Jim Cramer of winter cycling? Mad!

    ReplyDelete