Monday 18 February 2008

Last day in Las Vegas

I slept in a little longer today, and was woken up by the breakfast I ordered last night. Huevos rancheros, bagel and french toast. Good way to start the day, Tori and I dug in.

Tori went to the gym and did a work conference call. I rode up to Spring Mountain Pass which I think is 5,500 ft roughly and is west of the city. I went slow, took two hours. Nice steady grade, fairly mild (probably 4-5% for most of it, last 3 miles sign said 7%. Coasteback down at 65-75km/h and rolled into town. Only 80km today which is fine, I think my total is 440km for the trip. I'm happy with that, feels like it's enough to get my cycling metabolism going, and it came with a mix of intensities and cadence (today's climb was low rpm leg strength).

I did a work call for 40 mins, packed up my bike and that's it for Vegas.

We've dined on some sub-par food at the airport, and listened to Air Canada start the bidding to send two people home through Toronto at midnight because this flight is full. Air Canada is all class, all the time.

1 comment: