Saturday 30 June 2012

BC Bike Race Day Zero

Departing for Cumberland from North Vancouver. Front brake bled, checked in, etc. All good.

I like seeing the bike racing crowd. So many friendly faces. Such a small world.

I'm standing in the line for free sunglasses. The pair in front are talking about how cool it was to see Tour Divide riders go by their town in Colorado; they saw Ollie and Craig go buy. I say "hey, I don't mean to creepy eaves drop, but Craig is my riding buddy and I'm just got so excited about watching all of the race". So we chat, and it gets to they live in Colorado and met a deadgoat named Tim at Breck Epic. I say I'm going to that one with Cindy, Shawn, and Thomas from Belgium. A guy laughs and says "Thomas from Belgium, is that like when people say Mike from Toronto and expect you to know them?" And the girl Sonia says she really does know Thomas from Belgium from Claro Brasil last year; I mentioned I was to be his partner until work got in the way. Chalk that up to a small bike world...

I want to get riding, it's a lot of calm before the storm so far.

Excellent schnitzel and spatzle dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment