Sunday 3 June 2012

Kananaskiker Day 2 (Nordic Center TT)

First, thanks to the Bicycle Cafe for sourcing some long valves and getting my wheels done right. So easy, should have been like that to start.

We had a great dinner, slow pace at Luna Blue. Great pasta. Lounged in room. Just unwound.

Really nice morning today, and I was up first for the TT to accommodate a conference call. Rode a selection of the course from yesterday. I focused on getting up to speed then trying to ride the singletrack clean. Sort of powered out at the top of the first climb and wished breakfast was an hour earlier in me, but not so bad. Liked the "level" singletrack, then thought I could recover and get the heart rate down on the Coal Chutes before the Georgetown climb. Got to the bottom of the 'Chutes with very little heart rate drop; it's funny how super aggressive bouncy descending isn't actually "rest". Ok Georgetown climb then tried to keep power through the remaining singletrack. Ouch. Drew Simpson started 30 seconds behind me and definitely closed the gap a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment