Saturday 10 April 2010

Karting

Friday's main event was go-karting, a few heats amounting to like 70 laps. We took the subway out to the end of town where the warehouse is, right near all sorts of fancy car dealerships, Ferrari and such. Brought my contacts and un-nauseous state and was pumped up for some driving fun.

Other than us, one little kid joined, I think his parents owned the place. His talents on the local competition circuit were fairly apparent.

After 32 warmup laps, my arms and shoulders were jello tired, but had the course half figured out on my hack non-racer status level. We broke for an intermission, then back out for the main event.

From pole position I had a few super clean laps, until wonderkid came up from last in his supercart and essentially just toyed with me at will. Ty and I had some battles going, until some spin out event apparently. 40+ laps of racing for the main event left everyone tired, we're told we'll be sore in the neck, ribs, arms and shoulders tomorrow by the people running it.

Bam! 5 seconds away from lapping second place when all was said and done... it's all fun and games but I love this stuff. I'll by beers tonight guys, I guess I can apologize for being an apex and traction limit addict ; )

Don't spill.

Subway after karting.

Warren being chased toward the start/finish line.

Warren being bumped by the ringer.

Josh zipping through the pseudo chicane.

Speed styles. Mike you should have been a pro race car driver with a name like Speed.

Ty going for gold (or silver...).


Your's truly. Apparently sometimes I'm a loser, but today I'm a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment