Friday 2 April 2010

Big Map

Tried to hook up with Craig this morning, but our reciprocal phone calls didn't catch each other. Ended up looking for some new roads, just got tired before I could complete what I had hoped to. At least the views were nice along the way, never rode this township road before.

Generally speaking, went from the Shell gas station on Weedon trail, straight across Horse Creek road and into the paths between the fields. Then all the way north on Horse Creek, turned left where google shows no road straight ahead (but there is), then explored around the Deer Springs area a bit, another spot where google hasn't kept up. Up to Water Valley, then out to try to do the loop up by the Shell gas plant. Considering I was 4.5 hours into the ride at my turnaround point, I didn't exactly think it was wise to tack another hour?? loop onto the end before heading back. Awesome roads, with a little driving there's so much up there - either the Big Hill Springs Shell or even Water Valley would be a great starting point. The blues would be nice to try, the red is what I rode. Zoom in on the pic to see better. About 6 hours, didn't bring a map, thought if I really got confused I could blackberry GPS it... which I did. The GPS works fine, but with no phone network, you can't draw a map under the GPS dot, so sort of pointless. I guess blackberries are meant to be urban toys.



No comments:

Post a Comment