Tuesday 3 July 2007

Jon's Birthday

Kelley Nutbrown organized paintball for Jon's birthday... at the same place I'd played paintball about 5 years ago (yes, with 5 years of paintball abstinence in between). I was impressed at the turnout, and I was impressed at how many girls came along for the battle... I hadn't expected so many girls to view running around in camouflage coveralls through the bush and shooting each other as a preferred way to spend their day. Nothing says celebration of another birthday like some mock warfare with weapons that actually hurt enough to want to avoid getting hit.

I think we played 5 games in all. People have always said that paintball is expensive, but it's on par with a day skiing or golfing (I'd actually say it was less expensive), although you're not eating with silver utensils at the countryclub after by any means. I tried to go for an upscale weapon, but it didn't really live up to it's promise. The gun, 400 paintballs, 2 Powerades, and as many open fire roasted hot-dogs and iced tea crystals as I could mix cost me $67.

And best of all, I'm relatively welt free!

After paintball, Jon, Kelley and I headed back to Shawn's condo for some chili - he's practicing for a stampede chili cookoff and wanted recipe feedback. I'm never one to turn down free food, and it was darn good chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment