Tuesday 3 July 2007

Century, Sunday

I haven't been doing much back to back riding, and I certainly haven't been doing very long rides if I have ridden two days in a row (does commuting even count??).

My buddy Matt Joss is training for Ironman Canada, and wanted to do a Century ride the day after mountain bike provincials. Sounded like a good idea to me. Riding with a triathlete appealed as they're steady pace riders for the most part, which is what was looking for in an endurance ride.

The 5.5 hour summary is this - I felt good until about 3 hours, or the point where I was 50% past any of my recent rides in terms of duration. Then I felt cruddy for about an hour, which was replaced by feeling decent and tired at the end. We covered a few new roads that I hadn't been on before, which were just beautiful. I'd definitely like to spend some more time south of the city, searching for the best paved, low traffic, scenic rural roads, that I can enjoy with barely a car passing by.

After a 30 minute nap, Dallas and I went over to Mike Mckee's new place for a BBQ. I think the couple glasses of wine stunted my recovery... either that or I just totally overreached this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment