Saturday 2 May 2009

Lethbridge Saturday

Short story:  I hadn't planned to do the hill climb, but ended up doing it as the whole gang was and it was a nice day.  Something under 4 mins of pure pain.  It's now 10:30pm and I'm still coughing.  After I passed my minutewoman Tori, I don't remember much, just the tunnel vision.  My efforts garnered me middle of the second half of cat 2 and  Dallas won.  Trev Williams second.  Nice 2km course, closed road, nice grade, maybe 6% as a guess. [later notes now: my SRM tells me my 3:42 was 495W.  Dali came in at 3:16, and we're approximately the same weight... so that 12% faster likely means 550W+.  Wow.  Trev is a little harder to guess at as he's a different size... but awesome athletics by the Speed Theory crowd in general this weekend].

Mountain bike race: Cheered on Tori's race.  She finished 3rd.  I rode lantern rouge position in elite for whole race other than one lap where Craig eased up and rode behind me.  Devin crashed out and won't race tomorrow, lots of scratches and a bumpy head/cracked helmet.  Craig and I came onto the scene over the crest of the hill, felt really bad for him as he was killing it for the laps he was in the race, which was only about 1.75 laps.  He rode 1 or 2 more but bailed, probably smartest.  Nice course, all rideable, no odd uphill off camber rutted out acute angle kinks with loose gravel like last year that were super hard without really being rewarding.  Cody Canning, Roddi Lega and Shawn Bunnin were the podium in elite.

We went out for dinner for Trish's (the champ in 3rd today) birthday.  I'm so bagged, need to sleep.  Wished I could have slept in more today... story of my life I guess.

Lots of 'goats out, good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment