Monday 4 May 2009

Lethbridge Hillclimb Redux

I tinkered around with this calculator a little since I had an email thread going with Super-Trev... a man, who like me, likes fiddling with data. He just has more impressive numbers to fiddle with than me.

Check out the power estimation calculator here: http://bikecalculator.com/wattsUS.html

I've put in known data and educated guesses, such that it corroborates to my observed SRM data. Side note here, I believe the timing at Lethbridge was off by a systemic 37 seconds "light" so my real was 4:19, which makes a lot more sense to me and is consistent with my SRM data... as I can assure you I didn't hold my race pace for another 37 seconds after the finish line just for fun.

Plug in your weight, bike weight, position, tire type and miles per hour to get an estimate of your power that's probably pretty close.

Note easy MPH calc:

Course ~ 1.23miles/ (time in mins as a fraction/60)

My time in mins is 4:19 which is 4.3167 mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment