Tuesday 10 June 2008

BC Bike Race

I'm ear to ear smiles today.  It all started with a normal day at the office, and a mid morning visit to the deadgoat forum with my 10am cup of coffee.

10:03 - I read a half price BC Bike Race spot is available.
10:04 - I've concluded that despite BC Bike Race not being in my itinerary this year, this could work.
10:05 - I've checked our schedule page and realize with the flow of people in and out of the office, I could easily take those days off.
10:06 - email is sent to potential partner whom I suspect is "most flexible" around work on short notice.

Early afternoon it's done and done.  Turns out I actually know the guy giving up the spot.

I feel like a kid in a candy store.  2.5 weeks to buff up a little for some super fun riding.



2 comments:

  1. So funny too, because the person that sold it to you asked me in the morning if I knew anyone that might be interested - and you weren't even on that list. Glad you're pumped about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're squeezing a 7 day race into the schedule at the last minute - very cool!

    ReplyDelete