Saturday 28 June 2008

BC Bike Race day 1

Here's the brief version:
- phenomenal course with copious amounts of delightful singletrack
- it's hot, supposedly hotter tomorrow
- deadgoat's, exclusive of Erik, doing great
- my antibiotic is unpleasant thus far, the notes I got with it say it it makes me sensitive to the sun and may cause digestive issues. Since it's hot and I need fuel, this is tough.
- Jon is great, and riding strong. He may not be aware that behind my glasses for 4 hours I was choking back tears. Need those salts inside me instead I guess.
- most of today was a softpedal on my part, there's no juice inside. I'm hot, med tent checked my temp. I hope I survive.
- The song in my head all day was Creep by Stone Temple Pilots, with the chorus "I'm half the man I used to be".
- lying down on the concrete floor of the hockey rink felt good, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment