Sunday 6 January 2013

Awesome weekend of riding

This weekend was amazing, just what weekends are supposed to be.

Saturday a half dozen of us got out for some riding, and some adventure.  Jon and I had to scale this wall, essentially to avoid wet feet.  And cause core strength training should be part of riding.  It was a tenuous moment when his hand hold gave way, I was holding two bikes, and I tried to reach up to support him but my feet slipped on the ice.  We almost became a two dude, two bent bike pile of mess in ice cold water, but fortunately disaster was averted.  There's something about riding with Jon that always yields extra little bits of fun.



















This ice was no match for us.  Craig (behind me) and I made it just fine.  It's not so much about traction between rubber and ice, as it is about focus with relaxation.  "Use the force, Luke" comes to mind.  Studded tires just add weight... who needs those things anyway when 35mm of rubber will do?



















Sunday after sufficient caffeination, we headed west into a strong headwind after a loop around Glenmore park.  Shawn, Craig, Gary, Jay and I hammered it out to Coal Mine Road at probably 9.2km/h, then did the big climbs and were finally rewarded with some speed on the way home.  But beauty day, and talk about quality tempo intervals all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment