Saturday 28 July 2012

TransRockies Day 1

We woke up at 6 and had breakfast 3h before riding, then I went back to bed. Slept quite late again. Been really tired.

Saw some Olympic road race action then left to start. I had to depart right when Vino pulled off.

I started a little slower than last year, and reeled in 5 riders on the climb. Felt good. Not too hot, but sunny, just beauty overall. Didn't get caught by anyone on downhill. Saw a bunch of deadgoats cheering before aid 1, I just rolled through. Descent was so fun, tires are just right, bike felt awesome.

Caught one more on the gravel climb post aid 1, then gave up my first pass of the day to a guy who was pretty decisively fast when he went by.

Finished my food and water on the gravel before aid 2 then got ready to roll through Coal Discovery with some flow. Felt pretty good overall, happy with finish, 2:15.01. Faster than last year I think.

Finish line is awesome. Mom, dad, tons of deadgoats, sunny day, great time out on the trails for everyone, just everything that's right about mountain biking. Probably the most fun day on a bike I've had this year.

Relaxing massage, a little DQ snacking after. Life is good. Everything I love about mountain biking happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment