Friday 20 July 2012

Mom's Birthday, Freightliner VistaCruiser MB Edition

Change is afoot with my parents - they've become more mobile for my mom's birthday this year. I'm supportive, and might have to even act like a kid again sometimes and sneak mom's car out of the garage...

This is a Freightliner chassis (which is owned by Daimler anyway), 2 person RV conversion. Easiest way to describe it is a "Sprinter" van, as I'm not sure there's any functional difference between the MB Sprinter and a Freightliner chassis with the Sprinter drivetrain. It's powered/stopped/steered by Mercedes 2.7L turbo diesel CDI engine, which is an amazing little power plant. It's a second hand vehicle, but we're remiss to find any sign of use - no knicks, scratches, everything polished and just looking like new from seats to door seals to cabin. It drives like a dream; the size isn't even perceptible really as its narrow, the weight isn't excessive, the powerplant is stout, and the handling is excellent.

It only holds two people, but holds them in style. "Dog wash" on the side with hot/cold looks perfect for me and my bikes before I get in the shower... when they let me sneak it out of course.

Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment