Friday 6 July 2012

BC Bike Race Day 6

Squamish day. I love it. Lots of different terrain to test lots of different skills. Fun riding, nice weather, no camp movement.

Cindy came and stayed in my tent after shut down cause the rest of the girls were kicking back beers. We had a couple wake ups, one at 3:30 when Cindy was "going to check which therapist I was supposed to see tonight". Funny.
Woke up tired though, I have no gas. I didn't turn a pedal in aggression all day, just rode along. Pretty mellow.

Had fun on the technical descents, always like the terrain here.

Got to a final section of road and drafted some guy, he shoulder checked to see if I'd pull through. I just said I wasn't in race mode today and gave him a push. He was elated and surprised, said nobody's ever done that before when he's finishing.

Cindy and Tania rode the Challenge today and had fun. I'm so glad. They stuck together with different bikes, skills, fitness and just had fun. The finishing gravel flats Cindy came up on Dre (he had like 4 flats today), rode his wheel, and joked "is that all you've got Hestler?". I think it was good humour from both sides.

So I had enough time to grab Cindy's computer to check something out. The Captain UST 29er 2.2" is 950g per tire. The Ralphs I had on were 495g. So that's exactly 1lbs difference in rotating mass. I knew they felt sturdy. I guess I'm getting a good workout this week in the name of shoulder security. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment