Sunday 5 December 2010

Rainy Season Lessons

So my flight from Medellin seems to take off just fine. Problem is that it's only a 35 minute flight to Bogota, and the Bogota airport was rained in with the continuation of their mega rainy season. We approached and aborted twice, which isn't really what my belly wanted to feel after waking up at 3:30am to start this journey.

We went back to Medellin to refuel and, as they say, third time's a charm. Except for the timing on my connector to Houston (which also left late due to conditions - but in my case, not late enough). Oh yeah, and my luggage, which apparently saved all this by staying put in Medellin.

Parts of this country are waist deep in water, including parts of Bogota. Oilfield operations aren't all easy now. They've had a record rainy season and record landslides. When it comes down here, it's like a shower, its crazy.

So maybe my luck has run out and I'm gonna spend a day in airport and transit limbo now.  I probably get home tomorrow at noon, unless I can piece together some milk run through Panama... we'll see.

When it rains, it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment