Wednesday 15 December 2010

moving reading

Sometimes the best prose doesn’t make the best seller lists.  Here’s what I recently received from a biking/career friend.  Now that’s a holiday email update!

 

From: xxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 12:27 PM
To: xxx
Subject: Leaving xxx

 

To my friends and business acquaintances, I am retiring from xxx and the investment banking business this week.  My near term plans are to take a year off to ski, bike and travel and whatever other challenge I can find.  I'm not exactly sure what my next career will be as I've contemplated everything from coming back into the energy business in some from to signing on as a tail guide in a cat skiing lodge to repairing mountain bikes (its a full time job just keeping my bikes running).  The good news is that I've got some time to figure out what to be when I grow up.  My new email is xxx and my cell phone will remain the same at xxx-xxx-xxxx.   

 

Merry Christmas and all the best

 

xxx

1 comment:

  1. That email made it around a good chunk of the Calgary financial community. Awesome way to go out - good for him.

    PS - I had no idea he rode... I guess he was working too much!

    ReplyDelete