Saturday 30 August 2008

Provincial Road Race

Well...

on the positive side, Tori did well. Some serious pulling left her strategic drafter better set up for the end than it left her. But a good day none-the-less.

I can't seem to find enough good luck to get me through a provincial road race, must have used that up on the cat 3 win a couple years back (or maybe my luck was avoiding going down at minute 4 and an ambulance ride?). I also don't have a very good record of riding well when either parent is in the vicinity... bummer.

Out of the 31 starters, I was one of the 15 DNF's. That's a very La Ruta-esque finishing statistic.

I had a flat at a time a bunch of others did, such that when I remounted my bike, it was 9.5 minutes after the flat. Little tough for me to think about hammering it out solo with that kind of deficit on a cat 2 peloton.

Just one of these days I want to come home from provincials, and say that whatever place I finished was all that my legs and lungs could muster - just a straight up feel good result. I actually felt pretty good today while I was still in the race, wish I could have seen how that might have played out.

Good job to Cyrus who finished without another bike in sight, in a place with 2km of sightline. Good job to Chris McNeil for keeping it pinned, and to Cody Canning who recovered from a flat about same time as me, found a chasing partner, and came back for third.

No comments:

Post a Comment