Friday 8 August 2008

High Volatility

As the markets have been highly volatile, so has my last couple weeks. Biking then fairness opinion. Biking then due diligence session. Biking then dataroom visits. Biking then meetings with companies going tits-up and looking for help. Except that I lie... this week I've been off the bike more than on it.

Last time my back straightened itself out in a few days and felt solid for BC Bike Race. This time around, I've done all kinds of theraputic endeavours, but it hasn't "gone away". It's not all that bad, but it's got this lingering feeling all the time letting me know it isn't right.

I watched Tori's first road race yesterday, which was fun. She did a good job, and seemed to have quite a fun time at it. Bikes are human creations with two wheels, just a machine. But sometimes they are life itself. Regardless of "how Tori does" in whatever race, as a near observer, I'm seeing the slippery slope take another one. Bikes take the role of life changing catalyst at some point. Tori had that already - transportation, exploration, etc. Then the racing part kicked in... mountain bikes, now road racing, then questions about cyclo-cross started popping up. Once cyclo-cross is on the radar, there's no sense in even trying to repent.

Tim and Michelle dropped by ahead of TransRockies. Nice to see them, even if Tim surprised us being dreadlock-less for the first time in 14 years. Everyone's excited for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment