Friday 2 November 2007

La Ruta pep talk

I have to admit that recently I haven't been feeling quite as pumped about La Ruta as I had been in prior years. I've been bike commuting, and riding huge on the weekends, but never did it appeal to me for the last few weeks to do any sort of mid week training rides, intervals, what have you. I don't know really why it's been that way, I just accepted it as it was.

Tonight Marg Fedyna did a talk at Bow Cycle about her experience at the race last year. Seeing the slideshow, hearing her recount the stories, talking to all the other "La Rutans" there, and the La Rutans in the making, I got totally pumped on the whole idea again. The DVD of La Ruta 2006 had a clip of me in a 3/4 bonked, supremely overheated, trudgingly slow and in a thoroghly burdened state pushing my bike up some monster hill. I think I could feel the heat of the equatorial sun on my back right there on a dark Friday night in Bow Cycle...

Call me crazy, but all that's been in my mind since is - Oh glory I can't wait for the suffer fest to begin!

Thanks Marg!

No comments:

Post a Comment