Friday 30 November 2007

Darryl in Chile

I should have put this up over a month ago. If you're sitting at your desk, basking under the warm glow of the flourescent office lighting (hey, they're warm relative to the -18C outdoor temp this morning), and want to experience a little adventure vicariously... here's the solution:
1. Brew steaming cup of coffee.
2. Head on over to Darryl's Blog.
3. Ahhhh...

Seeing the photos, reading the stories, triggering my memories of our little "dip the toe in the touring by bike pond" last Christmas... geez, it's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye! Temuco is only a couple hundred kilometers north of where Tori and I based our trip from last year... Peurto Montt... and we crossed over into Argentina west from Osorno.

Considering I just posted about tungsten carbide studded winter tires, I feel like my heart just about got torn out of my chest seeing another option for "winter" cycling. I think Darryl is doing it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment