Sunday 18 November 2007

Day 4 - To Limon


We all woke up feeling tired and worn out, Tori had a long couple of days. I retired early feeling sick, and left the light on to the bathroom all night to make a quick dash, but ended up never needing it. Breakfast didn't go down easy around the table except for Jack.
We got to a rainy start. Jon's generosity gave me a garbage bag for a vest which really helped in the morning. It took quite a while to find my bike as there were 3 bike spots. Start was delayed for 30mins to accommodate late busses.
I felt good on the climb off the start and rode a bunch of it about 15m behind Jon. Once we got to the rolling section, I felt pretty good and was able to pace off a guy from Oregon, but he was trying to do an XC pace which didn't make much sense.
The last climb was overcast which was fantastic. I chugged a boost at the top and gave'r on the downhill. Oregon was bonked there.


Jack lied down for a while at the top of the climb with a serious bonk and bummed food to finish the day.
There were more railroad track sections this year than last as much of the paths next to the tracks was deep puddles so we could only ride smaller sections. It was overcast with on and off sprinkles which was awesome relative to last year's baking heat.
Finished up at 5:45 and a few seconds which is funny - I think it's about 20 seconds faster than last year's time in 17th place which I think moved me up 9 spots in the open men.
Jon finished 15th on the day at 5:40 and was 18th overall in open men.
I don't know Jack's time, but his nap helped him move up one spot.
Jerry made it in fine, and Tori pulled off another 10 hour day for the grand finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment