Monday 26 November 2007

Hammer Ride

Why not do a hammer ride on Saturday, November 24? Right time of year for it... if you live in the southern hemisphere.

Anyway, there's no way I can write it up better than Dali, too funny.

I violated one of my cardinal rules - if I'm going to ride with Steenbergen, I need mechanical advantage, not disadvantage. I rode a 'cross bike, everyone else on roadies.

Having said that, it was a good ride. I had some energy to burn through after La Ruta, although my body wasn't as geared to high end efforts, I'm more in aerobic endurance mode. It's interesting being able to "sort of" keep up to Steenbergen, Bostad, Cyrus, and Dallas' suicide attacks he had to lay down before peeling off for the ride home.

1 comment:

  1. Erik,
    I was perusing the results of La Ruta and noticed your name always near the top. Congratulations on a fine showing.

    I think you should take up xc skiing and use that big engine of yours for some winter sport

    cheers,

    Darryl

    ps. Am getting close to Puerto Montt but won´t pass through it as I will be heading up to Pucón and then crossing over to Argentina.

    ReplyDelete