Saturday 17 March 2012

Awesome... burritos

After a good chat up at the Stappler's, I spent the drive home thinking how awesome it is to be surrounded by awesome people doing awesome things. We talked about Craig's Tour Divide past and future, Andalucia, Kate, Jon, Shawn, Cindy, Tori. Lives, adventures, plans and dreams. Basically that covered a lot of ground on the awesome scale. My boss emailed me too, but only to say how awesome a day he had xc skiing with his son. Also got one from Trev Williams, who when not doing awesome things himself, helps others eke out a little more awesomeness from themselves. I actually like it that amongst that group, I'm the slowest rider and have done some of the least interesting stuff - I just love all of the extended family!

But before all that, we rode bikes. Today's ride was awesome. Gary, Craig, Kate, Shawn and I had a great time out in Glenbow park and going up to Big Hill Springs and back. Great temperature, great skills rotation by everyone leading different bits on the ice... but other than Kate's being winded and being close enough to hear the impact, I don't have time to go into details...

... cause Shawn and Cindy made mucho burritos and have cold Steam Whistle! Now that's how to finish an awesome day. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment