Sunday 4 March 2012

6h of fun down south

Cesar, Craig Marshall, Shawn and I met up at Phil and Sebastian's for some excellent coffee, then headed south through the Weaselhead on what turned out to be a beautiful, warm riding day.

First event of note was Cesar and the ice not getting along for a split second on the path, just as we passed a walker.  He went down a foot in front of me, and as I went down in tandem with my momentum taking me straight on top, the only thing going through my mind was that I need to divert my foot away from stepping on his head... which despite that being the way I was headed... was averted.  We got up and kind of laughed; I think the lady was more shocked as falls for us are more regular occurrence.  She certainly got the birds eye view.

We lapped through all the big hills by the Leighton Arts Center, with Craig and Cesar climbing very well.  Shawn and I trundled along, and we collectively agreed to skip Priddis and go straight for Coal Mine Road then Bragg.  Beauty riding back there - snow was perfect on the road.

Stopped in Bragg where Jeff and Alana showed up, so our group going home became 6.  Plus we held 60km/h for a while with the big tailwinds, so it was a super fun finish to the day.  About 6h out, 5 riding once adjusted for the coffee and story telling stop.  Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment