Monday 7 June 2010

Warm weather windup

I was entirely pleased to spend Saturday/Sunday with my family in St. George.  Driving is theraputic to me, especially in fun cars.  The beauty of the southwest Utah landscape cultivates a good mental setting to ponder life as well.  Family time around the pool at a pace that, well, doesn't even really register as a "pace", helped top it all off.

Can anyone spot the two with the similar gene pool?  Aunt Peggy is awesome to hang out with, plus I got the classic line from a new girl at the office this morning who saw the picture on my screen and said "Erik, I didn't know you had a sister".

This is the after effects of playing golf in 100F + weather!  The mountain biking plans out their door to the awesome trails nearby were well intentioned, but this Canuck wilted in the heat.  Most of the rest of the day was poolside with sun tea with plenty of ice.  Had a great time with Uncle Bob, a consummate host and fun outdoorsman, plus Andy the soon-to-be-addition to the family.  I actually should golf more, and I think I know a few US southwest connections who could help ; )


Feel good family moment... I'm entirely pleased to have been able to catch up with the two fine cousins in St. George, plus one's soon to be husband (who's job may be law, but who's existence seems to be characterized by a comedic disposition).  Running into the almost in-laws bedroom to shut off the blackberry alarm clock at 5:30 AM at a speed that generated a vast commotion ranks right up there with Uncle Gary's accidental underwear incineration and/or near burning of the Canadian provincial park coniferous forests. 


The Porsche Boxster was fun but was inferior to my car for overall handling/driving pleasure... albeit this one probably has a lot of hard miles on it, so I'm not judging them all.  Underpowered (or just tired), handled decent - but the tires weren't very sticky, they wanted to squeal (and the car felt heavy and like it wanted to plow forward instead of turn).  Fun though, funny how perceptions change.  On paper a brand new Boxster Spyder which they've tried to cut weight out of and add power appears to be a closer power to weight ratio, or just the base model (non "s" designation) 911's are nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment