Friday 18 June 2010

BikingBakke has one biking skill left

It's been a different year for me, and BikingBakke isn't as fit as in the past.  However, I've been cross training - I'm developing a skillset in last minute packing for just about any sort of trip. 

I'm excited for BC Bike Race.  My gear will, hopefully, make it to the Holiday Inn near the registration sometime before I do.  I'll fly from Colombia to Vancouver on a "pretty tight schedule" before the race... ugh.  I have a reasonable expectation that, from a cycling standpoing, the last few days might feel better than the first few days.

This means I need to pack a few weeks in advance.  I've learned over the years that what is needed for a stage race are: a bike, legs, and lungs.  I have one of those.  Partial check.

Other handy items are: team kit, helmet, shoes, gloves, some spares, a few gels.  Check.

Business trip side for the week before: a few casual clothes, few suits, computer and an array of electronic cables, connectors and adapters.

That's it.  Duffel bag and 30 minutes of scrambling around the house for BC, and a late night office party (for two retiring partners) and a morning scramble for a half hour for Colombia.

The bliss is I won't know till a day or so of racing what I've forgotten, and I barely care as long as I can get to race city in a few minutes for my track day!

No comments:

Post a Comment