Saturday 5 June 2010

Apres driving, apres dinner, apres the appropriate bed time by far

We dined at TWIST which is one of these places where preparation effort rates way higher than quantity of meal, it was all fancy pants and generally delicious.  After that it was Pure nightclub on the roof of Caesar's Palace.  Dan and Karen managed the lineup "requirements".  Karen being "the chick" and Dan being 270lbs of Grande Prairie muscle with a handlebar mustache helped.  Dan just asks the bouncer "hey big guy, how do we get in" and the bouncer entirely saw the humor that he sure as hell wasn't the big guy, but seemed to appreciate the politeness.  Skipped the big line and in we go.  I told Dan I was appreciative and that I'd arm wrestle him for who pays the bill.

Great night temps on the rooftop with a view of the strip.  I made friends with some bouncer who played a year of second string NFL and probably weighed 2.5x me, fun to hear his take on it all.  Surprisingly, even at an upclass place, he said a lot of people do the liquid courage thing and want to fight, even though he described his job as mostly customer service.  I said "seriously, people get wound up and want to fight you?" He put 74lbs of meat hook on my shoulder and said "yup, not everyone is like you"... and I just thought to myself that anyone who's dumb enough to rile up this guy deserves to be tossed to the street many floors below.  He and Dan side by side looked like 500+lbs of whoop ass you don't need to get involved with.

Somehow the 7:30pm dinner turned into 5am departure from the patio after what seems like 2,000 dance songs later.  Holy cow.  Let's just say fun was had, and that its not often I order room service breakfast at the same time as going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment