Friday 25 June 2010

BC Bike Race, here I come...

...uhhh, ready or not.  My BC Bike Race preparation this year has culminated in a very intense taper period.  I'll show up very well rested in a cycling sense, but maybe that's moot because I won't be rested at all.

Leaving Cartagena tonight and flying to Bogota, roughly an 8pm till midnight exercise.  Flying to Houston which is the midnight to breakfast red-eye leg of the trip.  Fly from Houston to Vancouver tomorrow morning.  With any luck I can taxi downtown, put on lycra, and show up for the prologue stage hopefully an hour before my start time, with my cement like legs fueled by airport food.  This week has also been an entire string of 6 or 7 hour nights, ugh.

I suspect a week of conference and travel pace, followed by a long commute and a vertical seated 5 hour half assed sleep isn't going to assist me in setting stage one's winning time ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment