Sunday 21 March 2010

Weekend without pause

Considering a workweek stops around 5pm on Friday, in theory, I haven't left much of that time unutilized this weekend. Went for dinner and a Flames game Friday night, glad they held onto their lead at the end of the 3rd period to send the Sharks packing.

Saturday and Sunday have been a mix of cycling and good old investment banking, primarily involving thinking beyond Canada's borders. It's fun actually on both counts. Plus the weather is nice, and I got out for a group ride Sunday... which I could have even been more groupy in if I could have gotten over my edge of the road preference... let's just say headwinds and suffering from inefficient/no drafting worry me less than wider echelons and the whole road and cars thing. Oh well.

As a side token of joy in the spring sunshine, on the way to work, I faced only one stop light - at the bottom of Sarcee before turning onto the turnpike for Crowchild. Usually I just listen to the hum of the M Coupe's engine, but at the light I flicked on the radio. Here's what greeted me:



Needless to say, that turnpike felt good. It's like that feature on cars where the radio turns up when you're going faster, so you can still hear stuff. My car has the inverse feature where Kickstart My Heart appropriately adjusts the throttle.

I was going to test the sizing of an Ibis Tranny frame I have at home to see if it would easily fit into an S&S coupler box, but considering it's 8:45, I'm eating sushi dinner at work, and have a few minutes of waiting for something to proof read, I'm not sure it's in the cards for tonight still.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are getting your moneys worth on the car. speaking of tranny though, the person in the video still pic looks like...

    ReplyDelete