Monday 24 September 2012

Weekend 'cross

Cindy gets my vote as happiest ‘cross racer on course.

I got recorded as DFL on results, which really means nothing in the grand scheme, but which doesn’t add to the fun at all.  It wasn’t fact either.  But it’s ABA policy that they don’t care about the order of lapped riders (except for the other 4, which are in correct order, simply singling out me to place at the rear).  I guess I should ride faster, not blow up my aerobic on that one corner I fell then did a run up, etc.  Just stinks when I was only off by like 10 seconds from a) not getting lapped, b) having a real result, and c) actually not DFL!

Regardless, the race promoters (Bicisport, Synergy for the day I wasn't there) did a great course, had great snacks after, and of course called in excellent weather for the weekend.  So good times had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment