Saturday 22 September 2012

Bicisport Euro 'cross #1

Beautiful day out in September for cyclocross. Let's just say that it's not that often that its 28C and sunny in September for a race. You'd almost complain about overheating, but you can't, cause it's a blessing in disguise given how seldom 'cross occurs in that kind of weather. Speed always steps up for the ABA races.

We drove up to sign in, came home and sat on the roof for a bit, then warmed up by riding over. I felt tired riding there, Cindy said she felt good. There was about 20 women out, with Andrea Bunnin taking the hole shot then stretching it out for 45 minutes. Awesome! The Bunnin's are accretive to deadgoat podiums.

Cindy rode well, climbed the tough parts, and smiled lots. Said it was hard, hot and dusty. Slid out on an off camber corner and bent a derailleur hanger again... But no more serious damage.

I felt like I was getting dropped by Devin on our warmup. I didn't feel too hot off the start, first lap hurt lots. A little pacing and just counting down the climbs earned me "5th not last" is my guess. Having said that I finished about 10 seconds or so behind the winner (we'll skip the part that he did 9 laps and I did 8... shoot), was so close to holding onto the actual full laps, but oh well. I really popped after slipping an off camber corner, running up instead of riding, and being overcooked for like a quarter lap and really went backwards. But blessing in disguise not to have to go out for one more! Devin I think was in top 10, he was out of sight fairly quick, we only rode together first 10m when we were actually touching shoulders in the early commotion. I think I ate half a box of cut strawberries, probably a whole orange melon, and a 7up in about 10 minutes of lying in the shade after. Side note wore contacts again which was again excellent. Hmm... might have to do that more, and check on prescription update.

One of the redbike guys from Edmonton had an absolutely eye popping Moots Psychlo Cross RSL with a super nice build kit. Wow, it was beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment