Tuesday 28 August 2012

Ibis Tranny departure

Well, the Ibis Tranny proved itself to be an absolutely beautiful travel bike. The frame construction impresses me to this day. As built/shown it's 22.3lbs, without a weight weenie saddle (Toupe), post (Thomson), wheels (XTR) or tires (Ralph 2.25" full UST). It's rigid, I like the geometry, and I quite like the aesthetic of their carbon weave. Yet, it's not likely that it was going to find its way into more regular rotation in the near future.

I hadn't intended to part with it... but a colleague inquired. One who valued a 26er still, one who liked the build, understood what the Tranny had to offer, understood (and already owned) a travel bike that also had its own way of packing up. I've gotten so used to the 29ers and the Flash in particular that I much, much prefer riding that sized wheel offroad. As they say, hit the bid when it presents itself.

It'll be happy in its new home, and so will its new owner. My garage is slowly gaining space. Miscellaneous parts are finding new homes via ebay too. 

2 comments:

  1. Who's the buyer? Always sad to see one go, but given the arsenal at your disposal I think you'll survive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Private equity backed private company ; )

    ReplyDelete