Wednesday 15 August 2012

Breck Epic Day 4 pre race

Cindy's brake pads.

Ok, so one mathematical correction... we got yesterday's elevation gain and distance right, but overshot Thomas' weight by 10lbs... not in my favour! I think I might need to fill his frame with Jello.

I pushed hard enough yesterday to make my legs sore - first time this week.

We've decided that 10 minutes into each day the peloton is sorted in the same order as finish, by a combination of oxygen uptake ability, power, and weight. So why aren't we looping back to the coffee shop at that point?

On that note, Shawn and I observed that our separation in time today is almost exactly the same as day 1, adjusting for his flats... like to the minute. Seems like we're all locked into a pre-determined oxygen uptake and delivery parade.

After some interesting gluing events last night with Thomas saddle, we've decided that he's winning the Belgian Crane Driver category at Breck. I'm winning the Canadian investment banker category, and Shawn says he has the performance to hair follicle ratio beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment