Friday 17 August 2012

Breck Epic Day 6

A final early wake up... honestly they hurt a bit but I'll sure miss them. I really like how a stage race transports you to another place more completely than just being in a different town. Shawn and I laughed a lot last night and this morning courtesy of youtube. Good times.

Longer paved climb leadout, and I didn't feel like I was taxed. Single speed leader knew where we were turning left and sprinted to get into single track first. Huge bottleneck, Shawn cut left through the trees and I followed. Made for a great start - kept him in sight for another 10 mins before blowing. Fun switchback climb, descent, then on the road to the pass. I rode the road with single speed Mike who's got an impressive engine. Crested, skipped aid, then down onto the fun trail. Was having a blast, then flatted. Thomas was first to pass. My CO2 thinger wasn't working well, probably clogged with mud from the rain day. Bummed another eventually and kept going, but the thrill of progressing with my best day was lost.

Got back on, and hammered the headwind road climb solo which was tough. Took it easy on next descent as every rock now looked suspiciously sharp. Just cruised in. Thomas and Shawn had good times and were all smiles at the end.

Cindy came in all smiles too. I missed photos earlier in the week as the bberry camera is slower than her blazing by, but managed to get one today finally. Everyone says she's very friendly and nice to ride with, and a strong climber and descender.

No comments:

Post a Comment