Tuesday 31 May 2011

finally the sun shines

Which was great for the Lilac Festival down the street from my house, which created a lot of traffic but I didn’t make it down to see what it was all about.  Also for the deadgoat Giver8er, but 8h of riding isn’t in my body’s capacity right now either.  So it was mostly errands, doing “moving in” type little projects that a normal person would have done within a week of moving in, and a few ventures outside.  I’m going to try riding to work for some rehab on the Achilles, which is at worst 8 minutes thirty seconds with disadvantageous traffic light timing, or much lower if I can roll unencumbered most of the way.  Got a nice setup going for my computrainer – even though it’s generally the wrong time of year for it… it’s just that spinning without the threat of any sort of torque is good right now.  Got a music stand to put the iPad on and clip the computrainer controller to the side of, which is elegant. 

 

Motorcycle is now running, which is always a bit of work in the spring.  Watched the Long Way Around which got me pumped to get it going… and fired up the insurance policy on it again.  It feels like summer.

 

Still doing physio, foam roller, stretching, icing, anti inflammatories, etc. for the Achilles, hoping it gets better soon.  I’m not cut out for only doing cruise rides on flat terrain along the bike paths, although the high water is neat to see.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment