Tuesday 24 May 2011

Dr. Part 2

Apparently I had this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptosporidiosis  Awful.  But incubation time, duration of illness, and the fact that I was in a way immunocomprimised (just being exhausted) all make sense.  Makes sense I got it from untreated water too. It's gone though, I turned down whatever medicine they offered.

We're at Sheldon Chumir trying to get a newly focused look on her side given the latest on my side. All the symptoms line up. It's busy. A drunk guy got beat up for his stuff, and is bleeding and swearing at the nurses. Eventually he got ejected for being an ass. He's clearly upset upon arrival, but has lost (or never had) the right instinct on who is helpful, who isn't, and how to behave right in the right circumstances - 'cause ignorant belligerence isn't a one sized fits all recipe. So he narrowly missed a doctor's bed with being wiped down, administered painkillers, and stitches for going to jail now. I'm guessing he's another one who's NPV negative on the tax/medical system. Tough to see a turnaround happening either.

I'm munching on my organic salad from Sunterra, a luxury my guts couldn't take before. There's not a lot of other suit and tie types wielding blackberries.

5h later and we've got some samples in, but they say its something you'd only treat symptoms on even if it was crypto sporidium and wouldn't prescribe anything for, which is different than the advice I got. We'll see what the results show. Some of those drugs that are designed to kill stuff in your guts kill to broad a spectrum anyway. So its suffer time until at least tomorrow. Got a couple IV's of saline solution for hydration and some nausea and anti inflammatory IV too.

No comments:

Post a Comment