Thursday 24 December 2009

Tuol Sleng former office S.21

Spent Christmas eve day there.  Was once a high school.  Screaming emanating from after the conversion to a killing machine wasn't school kid glee.  Basically a place that humankind would be better without, but now that it happened, they promise never to let it be forgotten.

Very hot, even Tori's who's feeling normal was really not.  And I still have low body temperature control with being food poisoned.  Same yucky feeling/smell every time.  Managed to do two to three hours there, based on the motivation that the stories of the people I was seeing would have done anything to feel as good as I did then.  Took a  tuk tuk back to hotel for a attempted nap in fever and delirium, then realized which way things were headed.  Did more rounds with the porcelain gods, the mere act of trying to take control helps.  And I've never been so glad I elected to bring a long handled toothbrush in my life.  Also I didn't really bring bike food this trip, but my ditty bag with electrolytes has a few items - Sharkies... I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment