Thursday 17 December 2009

20+ hours of transit to Singapore

Hong Kong airport is huge.  The planes moving around outside look like a parking lot the week before Christmas at The Bay.  It's so busy it's hard to watch (maybe that has something to do with cumulative time in transit so far and the fact I think it's 4am).  I'm in gate 80 to Singapore, and I don't get the feeling they started counting at 50 just for fun.  Watching out the window at the ground workers is impressive - there's a hell of a lot of them.

They had a sign for me when I got off to rush me to next gate as it's a tight connection.  If my luggage makes it that fast I'll be double amazed.  Big plane with not a millimeter of extra room with the seating arrangement.

After making it through customs and grabbing my two bags right away a girl in a beautiful green dress was waiting for me!

We stayed up till something like 3am this time which by then I had no clue what time I was on then went to bed.  Basically I've slept intermittently from Wednesday morning to Friday morning and don't have too much to show for it.

A tour of INSEAD and a breakfast of banana pancakes made the morning!

We leave Tori's place this afternoon and fly to Siemreap.

No comments:

Post a Comment