Saturday 12 July 2008

Day before Devon Dust Up

Shawn Bunnin, Brian Bain and I are carpooling up to Devon for the Dust Up tomorrow (side note one spot available if anyone is so inclined).

Looking forward to it, and naturally I hope to have a good race. I'm still coughing occasionally, and although I don't think it's aiding my health, I don't think it's bringing me down either.

I'm feeling lazy and tired today. Put a new rear wheel on the Scalpel as my other one is in the emergency room.

Did a few errands, and of course spent some time thinking about Tori's much more interesting day north of the arctic circle. One of the things I aim for is not to get in the way of her ideas and plans, there's enough other "obstacles" life has out there without more.

I have a hard time imagining Tori if she was born at different points in history. Probably would have been an effective prairie settler, hard work and just getting things done suits her. I don't think she would have done well as a post war house wife, or someone born into communism. Some people can function under constraints, others expand into open spaces better.  I'm looking forward to her blog posts and whatever other communication comes when she's within range of that kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment