Saturday 1 March 2008

Trying to make the most of February

Road riding on a Saturday morning brings me a step closer to Shangri-la.  Even when I'm tired.  I showed up to Cadence Cafe at 9:30 to meet the gang, but I wasn't feeling very talkative.  Funny what staying at work till midnight on a Friday does for a guy.  Three nights this week I only got 6 hours of sleep, which is a bad recipe.  First symptom is attitude and cynicism.  Second is I'm worse at riding a bike.  Third is usually that if it keeps up I end up getting sick.

OK, back to biking, sorry 'bout that.  Dallas was flying on the 'cross bike.  Devin can still outsprint on his 'cross bike.  Craig, Jon, myself and Ed Roddy were just doing our thing.  We stopped at Cochrane Coffee Traders for some "magic" coffee, their new menu item.  I'm hooked.

From there it was to Bragg Creek, where while waiting for coffee, I heard "Erik" called from behind me.  I turn around and it's the client that I'm going to work for tonight to work on a term sheet for his next venture.  He hasn't seen me in bike kit, and I hadn't seen him in the full rancher getup before.  We chatted for a few minutes and went our own ways.

Jon and Craig rode southeast towards Millarville. Ed Roddy and I rode back to Calgary.  We don't get to ride together very frequently, but I enjoy Ed's company.  He dropped me on "the wall" west of COP.  I made my way home, showered, and promptly returned to my desk before the seat cooled off to much.




No comments:

Post a Comment