Saturday 8 March 2008

Friday Nights my style

Some people like to grab a few drinks, get dolled up Saturday Night Fever style, and see what the night brings them.

I had a great Friday night this week that's a few degrees differnet from the above. Met Jon, Shawn and Craig for some riding at 4:30. We hammered Sideshow and Scenic Acres until it was confirmed that I as the slowest one present. We rode some tecnhical downhills and watched the sun set. We cleaned some steep uphill sections that many riders never can clean, which shows trail conditions are good and we're each fit enough to deliver the high wattage 30 second climbs, and I will add here the tidbit that I certainly didn't granny ring them ; )

I feel very comfortable with the geometry of the Scalpel which is great, I'm just riding it naturally and feeling at home. It feels so fast to ride, like a 'cross bike with suspension.

We had fun. In generic terms we're uniform in fitness and technical capability, enough so that it's a great riding group.

After that it was a few phone interviews as we're currently hiring, dinner with Tori, packing, and a little shopping trip to MEC, where I picked up the Pangea 40 backpack. I had look at 4 stores and probably 20 backpacks before this one found it's way into my life, and so far it's sweet. I was using an older one (I think from grade 5 actually), and somehow I'd lost a MEC one along the way, but it was more outdoors oriented and less travel oriented (ie. One big cavern to stuff things into rather than organized space).

No comments:

Post a Comment