Tuesday 7 August 2007

The Toll of the Crit

Ahhh, it's true... Cyrus is wearing the tell tale signs of a crit mishap as I'd first heard at Bow's party last night. I'm glad I don't have to think about getting a cast molded to the shape of handlebars for TransRockies next week!

Hope your 24 y/o metabolism patches your arm back together in no time!

And as for the "no offense to the hill climb pairing"... none taken! I was being honest with you before race... not sandbagging. You're basically tops in the province, and a dedicated year round athlete. I'm a good athlete for a guy who's primarily a desk jockey. Even if my 4:07 time doesn't seem too worthy of pride in contrast to what the Cat 1/2 field can dish out, from my perspective I'm pretty happy with it considering the busy weekend, not really planning to race, and just my overall physical abilities.

Ideally in a paired (or supposedly trio) race you'll end up with three guys who are within 5% of you and you all push till you blow up. You were too fast to be an ideal carrot for me, and I was waay to slow to be of any use to you.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I'll heal up in no time. Should be fun. One arm rollerskiing, running and riding the trainer. Yay! My favorite thing to do in the summer.

    You and Mckee should have a blast at TR. I'm glad you didn't go down yesterday too.

    Rubber side down!

    ReplyDelete