Tuesday 7 August 2007

Finishing off the long weekend

After the crit, Mckee and I spun around town for an hour on the road bikes at an easy pace. It felt good to just chill out for a while, after which we had a soda-pop at Bakke's like 2 kids might. Once Tori came home, we loaded up the gear so I could drop Mckee off at home.

The plan after that called for a city mountain bike ride with Jon and Craig. Craig's finally got the new Racer-X running, and I just did a tubeless job on my tires that I want to stress test. We zip around Edworthy for a while on Jon's favourite trails, all of which are technically demanding and overgrown, then make our way over to Bowness. We stop by the store, which is having their 50th anniversary party tonight, and chat with people heading in for a while, before heading home to grab a bite to eat, clean up, and head back down to Bow Cycle for the party. Jon and I ride down, and get in once April Wine has already taken the stage. The store layout works super well for a concert, and the free Pilsner (see "Pillies" below) definitely helped set the stage for a good time. I ended up bidding on a cruiser bike in a silent auction, which I believe I won, but will have to wait for confirmation today.





Bow Cycle "57" Named after Bow Cycle's inaugural year of business, the "57" is a limited edition bicycle with only 160 models produced. With its classic styling and unique features, including a "gas tank" (designed to hold two "Pillies" and a sandwich) and "I LOVE BOWNESS" hot-patched tires, the "57" is a fitting salute to Bowness, and is sure to be the "pride and joy" of any bike collection.

I think it's cool because it has wood rims. I'll need to get out the furniture polish on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment