Sunday 5 August 2007

Super Saturday

I weighed off a bunch of ride options for Saturday, and opted for the most convenient. Matt Joss was doing a longer ride from home, so he dropped by my place at 7:45 to pick me up. Rode down 37th ave south of 22x on some beautiful roads, making our way to Millarville with a group of about 10 riders. I actually felt pretty cruddy to start, I'm sure that had something to do with the 3 couple "CCS team" dinner at Sugo, and my indulgence in the wine.

Past Millarville, it got down to just Matt and I riding together, and it was a well paced tempo ride that I think both of us felt really positive about in terms of pacing and quality training. We stopped in Bragg and waited for a few other guys, and paid for our little bits of joy at Cinnamon Spoon... bagels and coffee. The tithe of the cycling religion.

The coffee kicked in and we set solid tempo home, in the midst of our joy we ended up dropping everyone else. Oh well, felt good.

The kicker for the day was that Matt talked me into "running off the bike" as any tri guy might be inclined to do. I did run a little in Colorado (ie once for an hour) but it certainly didn't have a 140k tempo ride as a warmup.

I suvived, it actually felt good and made some sense for TR training. After a little nap it was over to Mckee's to gorge on BBQ, then to Josh's housewarming for a few drinks. Stretched that out a bit late and got dropped off at home after midnight.

1 comment:

  1. That sure beats my historic definitition of Super Saturday - eight hours of interviews with burned out, pasty white i-bankers out to prove they know more than fresh university grads. This is what summer's about babe.

    ReplyDelete