Monday 4 July 2011

BC Bike Race Day 2

Hard road climb off the start, which I don't have the body weight or intensity for anymore.  I chased the second group, which at least kept me ahead of some pile up that happened apparently on some loose gravel.

From there it was nothing but hours of techy singletrack with gentle ups and downs.  I had energy all day and just whittled through people who didn't ride singletrack smoothly.  So fun.  The quality of trails has me entirely beside myself.

Finished up with 4 guys coming in the final roads to town.  I was content cruising in, but they kept doing sprint attacks that were more surges than sprints.  I just waited for a few hundred meters and sprinted in.

Short day, almost like extended XC.  I think I was around 2:45 but don't really know.  But definitely not "big stage race days".

My achilles is sore when I walk around, but is totally fine riding.  National team Tara gave me some acupuncture to relax the muscles in the area and I'm up for another massage.  I hope it stays fine for riding as last time it was just full stop when it acted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment