Monday 4 July 2011

BC Bike Race Day 1

After all the transportation and logistics, I now remember why I'm here. Total heaven - I'm just so happy. Awesome trails, massage from Cindy, relatively short days so plenty of chill time, great weather. Honestly its like I've died and gone to heaven.

I was nervous at the start as the walks to and from Cindy's to registration with my suitcase plus the walk this morning to breakfast had my achilles feeling odd a bit, but 100% fine on the bike. I wasn't anything fast but never felt weak, sore or anything like that, so just an awesome day on the bike.

Sat down and talked bikes and racing with the gang after for a few hours, which makes it feel like a race now. Travelling out with a dozen cute girls definitely has its perks, but definitely left the bike parts/new bikes/races/trails etc. chat a little light.

Did I mention the trails? Buff fast twisty stuff through the ferns, jedi like at the start. So fun. Gravel climb to the steep hairy descent. So fun pt 2. Hit a ramp I swore from last year had a down ramp exit, but I was wrong. I think the Scalpel doesn't need to many hits that size. Oops. 

Greek dinner at Tarbell's was great home made food.

No comments:

Post a Comment