Thursday 21 April 2011

Sometimes you get lucky

In the last 24 hours the following have happened: we were told our presentation was helpful/good/insightful/appreciated. I guess that makes the stress "worth it". Subsequent to that we golfed and had dinner, both of which were fun. Once the wine took hold, I was convinced to rebook my ticket home to Sunday instead of today. Then my boss lent me his Seven Axiom SL coupled bike, and all his gear save his shorts. Then through a strange chain of events I found out the hotel didn't have space to simply extend my visit through the weekend, which led me to being in a villa on a golf course overlooking the mountains two blocks away that belongs to someone else I know, with use of their car. Clearly, it's been a lucky day.

I went to the nearest bike shop and got some bibs, chamois cream and tubes then rode the Palms to Pines highway which was beautiful, hot and tough. I turned around to make it home before sunset, but 2h of climbing didn't have me to the top. That bike rides like a dream; it's the nicest riding bike I've been on. It's not often "loaner" bikes fit perfect and come with Campy Record either. Don't have gloves, using non-sport glasses, and shoes a bit tight, but I could care less about those details.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Cindy got a spot with the WestJet pass to join for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment